Deep wrinkles: definition
Deep wrinkles are skin folds that settle with age. They can be the result of various factors, such as natural aging of the epidermis, sun exposure, smoking and other lifestyle habits.
These wrinkles are more marked furrows than expression wrinkles. They usually appear on the forehead, around the eyes (crow’s feet), between the eyebrows (lion’s wrinkle), and around the mouth (bitter wrinkles).
How are wrinkles formed?
How are wrinkles formed? Wrinkles are the consequences of skin aging. They are the marks of time that passes and are natural.
Over time, cellular renewal slows down and the skin loses collagen. This explains the loss of firmness, sagging skin and the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Lifestyle can decrease the appearance of wrinkles and slow their formation. Conversely, some factors aggravate deep wrinkles such as sun exposure without sunscreen, stress source of oxidation and free radicals and pollution.
Lack of moisture and dry skin can also accelerate the formation of wrinkles. Dry skin reduces the effectiveness of the skin barrier against external aggressions.
Genetics also plays a huge role in the formation of wrinkles.
Zinc deficiency, the consequences on the skin
Zinc deficiency is manifested by several symptoms such as:
- skin problems such as acne, a dull complexion, dry, scaly skin and difficulty healing wounds;
- hair loss;
- brittle nails;
- Immune weakness and fatigue
- vision problems;
- impaired brain abilities (lack of concentration, memory, mood disorders, etc.).
Supplementing with zinc is sometimes useful to reduce acne pimples and regain beautiful skin. This becomes necessary when your health suffers.
Only a blood test can tell you if you have zinc deficiencies. If you suspect a deficiency, we advise you to talk to your doctor.
Apply beauty products rich in zinc
Effective against oily skin and oily hair, zinc regulates the overproduction of sebum. This liquid composed of water and lipids protects the skin barrier.
Produced by the sebaceous glands, it is necessary for the epidermis. But generated in excess, it clogs the pores and causes pimples.
To combat acne, you can incorporate zinc-enriched beauty products into your skincare routine.
|GOOD TO KNOW
|Skin aging begins at the age of 25, when collagen synthesis decreases.
Solutions to remove deep wrinkles
Discover solutions to reduce deep wrinkles. Remember that skin ages no matter what you do. Wrinkles are natural and accepting them will help release you from some pressure you put on yourself.
Adopting an anti-aging beauty routine from the age of 30 is a good solution to slow down the formation of deep wrinkles. Discover the range of anti-aging products LIFT specially designed for mature skin and to slow down the effects of skin aging.
Here are our solutions to remove deep wrinkles, or at least reduce their depth.
Apply moisturizer morning and evening
Do not neglect the importance of skin hydration. Over time, the skin becomes dehydrated more easily. Apply a moisturizer and therefore the first beauty gesture to fight against deep wrinkles.
You can use the Absolute Revitalizing Moisturizing Emulsion from the Floxia LIFT range. It consists of anti-wrinkle active ingredients, but also moisturizing ingredients such as:
- Hyaluronic acid, the most powerful moisturizing agent for deep hydration of the dermis surface;
- Matrixyl™ 3000 that stimulates collagen production;
- The Osilift that smoothes skin wrinkles;
- Vitamin E, an antioxidant that fights wrinkles and fine lines.
Combine this moisturizing cream with the Ultimate Rejuvenating Rejuvenating Serum composed of Retinol and hyaluronic acid for an intense moisturizing treatment.
Make a rejuvenating mask with natural active ingredients
Essential oils, vegetable oils, powders like clays and hydrolates (floral water) can help the skin repair and renew itself. You can make a homemade anti-aging face mask with powders and clays:
- white clay is particularly recommended for dry and irritated skin;
- green clay is effective on oily skin, but also on wrinkles;
- red clay restores radiance to the complexion (effective on the dull complexion of mature skin);
- Pink clay for a powerful anti-aging effect.
Combine them with rosehip essential oil, known for its anti-aging properties. Argan oil can also nourish the skin and promote the regeneration of hydrolipidic film.
Ingredients like shea butter and aloe vera can complement your anti-wrinkle facial treatments.
Have a healthy lifestyle
Adopting a balanced diet, rich in antioxidants such as fruits and vegetables, avoiding smoking and protecting your skin from the sun with daily sun protection are essential steps to prevent the appearance of deep wrinkles.
Exercising, breathing in nature, avoiding stress can also delay the premature aging of the epidermis and slow down the oxidation of cells and skin.
Exfoliate the skin once or twice a week
Exfoliation is a crucial step in any skincare routine. By exfoliating your skin 1 to 2 times a week, you rid it of dead skin that accumulates on the surface of the dermis.
The scrub makes the skin soft and helps preserve its youth. Depending on your skin type, choose a mild, grain or fruit acid (AHA) peel.
Exfoliating mature skin helps to reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles, but also to renew the epidermis to make «new skin». Exfoliation also helps smooth the skin and stimulate cell regeneration.
avoid sun exposure
UV rays accelerate premature aging of the epidermis and can cause pigment spots (brown spots). This is why it is recommended to apply sunscreen every day before your makeup and before going out.
Regular exposure without sun protection increases the risk of developing deep wrinkles.
Facial exercises to reduce deep wrinkles
Face yoga or certain movements could help reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles. This facial gymnastics must be practiced every day to hope for long-term results.
A facial exercise for wrinkles around the mouth (reverse smile):
- Sit or stand upright
- try to smile by reversing the curve, that is, pulling the corners of the mouth down;
- hold the position for 5 seconds, then release;
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
A deep anti-wrinkle cheek strengthening exercise:
- inflate your cheeks with air
- transfer air from cheek to cheek, keeping it inside;
- Continue for about 30 seconds, then release;
- repeat 5 times.
A facial exercise to remove deep wrinkles from the forehead:
- place your index fingers just above your eyes;
- try to frown, as if surprised, while pressing down with your index fingers;
- Hold for 2 seconds, then release;
- repeat 10 times.
Eye massage to reduce wrinkles:
- place your index fingers at the outer corners of your eyes and your middle fingers at the inner corners;
- Apply light pressure while making small circular motions.
- continue for 1 minute.
Anti-aging exercise for neck wrinkles:
- Sit or stand upright
- Tilt your head back to look at the ceiling.
- Try to put your lips together, as if you want to kiss the ceiling.
- hold for 5 seconds, then return to home position;
- repeat 5 times.
Discover even more tips to prevent wrinkles and slow skin aging on our blog!